Sunday, March 24, 2013

White Film Canister Cache

The ubiquitous White Film Canister Cache is a staple of the micro Geocache hide. Its cheap, well maybe not anymore since film prices are actually climbing due to the digital takeover. Easy to hide most places, waterproof, but really can only fit a log, micro geocoins, and some bits and pieces. Though I did find a great gold smiley face pin in one! The film canister holds a place in my heart due to the fact that I invited my mother on a mystery cache in the middle of it, she never did this before, and of course she was the one to find it, a film canister. Also the fact that I'm a photographer and I remember the film days. I guess I'm getting old. I've found them under rocks, in tree holes and used as a cache inside of a bigger container, like the Hole In The Log Cache . Also on one nice multi cache, someone used velcro on a film canister to hang it upside down behind a fence, light weight is an advantage here.
The White Film Canister Cache (by rock cover)

No comments:

Free Website Link Listing Directory - Submit Your Site Free